We wanted to share with you some of the tings we have done in 2010 .We are providing 8 new PS3’s and controllers for every chemo bed in the clinic, we bought a pool table for the teen room on the ward, we have contracted with West Side Bakery to make all of the birthday and end of chemo party cakes and provides toys and awards to our kids at this years annual auction. The biggest news is that Akron Children’s Hospital has announced that they will be renaming Camp C.H.O.P.S to Camp Ed Bear. This is quite an honor for Project Ed Bear. Our Board of Directors decided to start an Endowment through Children’s Hospital specifically for that camp and recently presented them with a check for $50,000 from Project Ed Bear.
In addition to the above we provide the following items each year
· The Signature “Ed Bear” Teddy Bear that started it all. This is given to every child upon being diagnosed.
· Play Stations and games for each room on the oncology unit
· The annual Camp Chops (camp for hematology/oncology patients of Akron Children’s Hospital)
· New Patient Bags
· Computers and supplies for the oncology ward teacher
· Treasure chest gifts (for the children to pick from after their procedures and chemo)
· Birthday parties
· End of treatment parties
· Teen room Pool table
· All teen activities including an annual trip to Cedar Point
· The annual Christmas party for the children and their families
· Computer, Wii ad Playstation Games
· DVD’s for the children and their parents to choose from
· Beautiful Filled Stockings for Christmas
· Hearts of Chocolate for Valentines Day
· Easter Gifts
· Photo , Scrapbook and Art materials for the ward
· A beautiful new clinic waiting area that includes an Ed Bear Cave for the children filled with toys
· Laptop Computers
· Flat screen televisions for the ward
· College Scholarships
Thank You SO Very Much For You Support!